Monday, August 23, 2010

I need some relationship advice.

I guess it's kinda sad that I am going to ask relationship advice on Yahoo! Answers, so don't judge me, I really don't have anyone else to ask.





That being said. I've been with my BF now for about two years. I'll start by saying that we've both been faithful to each other since the beginning of the relationship. I trust him that he wouldn't cheat, however I am a pretty jealous guy. Before him and I started dating he was in a long term relationship with a girl. He dated her for 15 years. They broke up, but still remain friends. She doesn't know that he's gay. So she doesn't know about me. She thinks he's single. Anyway, he asked if it would be ok if he went to Vegas with some friends that he grew up with. I can't afford to go so I can't go with. I really have no problems with him going with these people. They are from his church so it's not like they are going to stripclubs or anything. Anyway he bought his plane tickets and hotel room which are both non-refundable. A few weeks ago he told me that she called him and said ';suprise I bought tickets and I'm going with';. I think it's wrong of him to go to Vegas with his ex girlfriend. I can't tell him not to go cause he's already bought his tickets, and it's not like I can tell him to tell her that she can't go. What should I do? I really don't want him to go but I can't stop it. I basically trust him that he won't cheat but I don't trust her. I don't want her to throw herself at him. Also, now it's about principle. He just doesn't get why I'm so freaked out about this.





Any advice would be great. Thanks!I need some relationship advice.
ok well first of ll i would have to say that if he really loved you and was serious about your relatioship then if i were you i would ask him to tell her before they go that he is gay and in a serious relationship with someone else and isnt interested. i know what its like to get jealous and the only thing i can say is if you trust him then try not to get paranoid and annoy him all the time while he is away, if hes honest with his ex and tells her hes gay then that will help matters, however if he doesnt then i would ask why. although yes 15 years IS along time, however that was two years ago and hes been with you for a lnog time as well. I need some relationship advice.
In my opinion I don't think your boyfriend is going to get back with his ex. Well, you can't help yourself being the jealous-type, talk to him about it. Express your feelings. You have every right to be feeling jealous. But if he really wanted to cheat there is nothing you can do about it. So just trust him. good luck %26lt;3
Well if you trust your boyfriend then there should be no problems. Look you've been going out for 2 years. Don't you think he would have already broken up with you if he was cheating? He likes you just don't worry too much about it and everything will be fine.
hiya sorry to hear about that,i think you should tell him to tell her hes gay because its not fair on you.
ok, well.... I think that he will also remain faithful to you. Even though u don't think so. just trust him and c what happens.
I don't think you should worry about this. However.





Why on earth hasn't your boyfriend told his ex (and others) that he's gay? I think that's really offensive to you. I would be extremely offended if my girlfriend hadn't told her friends etc she were gay and in a relationship with me. It's like he's embarrassed of you. I'm sorry if that's not true in the slightest but...that's the impression I get. I'm sure he loves you but why can't he just be honest? If he were brave enough and big enough to tell his ex girlfriend ';I'm in a relationship with (your name)';, you'd have nothing to worry about on his trip to Vegas, because she would know not to make a move!





You know you can trust your boyfriend. He's been with you for two years and I'm sure if he were going to cheat on you, he'd have done it by now! But I honestly think if he came clean about his relationship with you it'd put your mind at rest.





Also, could he not pay for you to go along to Vegas, too? Surely he really would want you to go? Or does he not like you to be ';public'; like that? Maybe you could offer to pay him back the ticket price when you can afford it. Just a thought.





But I don't think you should worry! You love each other. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't risk that.
I think that you should ask him to tell her about you. That way, she'll know that he's taken and you'll know that he's serious enough about the two of you to come out.





If he tells her and she still throws herself at him, then he'll have all the proof he needs to see her as a home wrecker.
Okay, you obviously trust this guy! (But you don't trust his ex).


But with all that trust, you must know that if she wants to do something, he won't- b/c you guys have this relationship and trust!


Just remember that!


And if you're still worried, talk to him about it before he leaves!
Oh man! This reminds me of a situation I was in years ago. I was living with a guy and was in a relationship with him for 5 years. The problem was that he had a soon to be ex-wife. They were in the process of a divorce when I first met him. However, she was still in love with him and did not know that he was gay. I don't know how she didn't know, we lived in a one bedroom apartment at the time. We saw her often as they had a child together. Every time she came around she would be all over him, trying to kiss him, always trying to get him to go to her house, literally pushing herself on him, and at times right in front of me. Eventually it ruined our relationship. Because they had a child together he did not want to tell her that he was gay and that we were in a relationship. I was jealous, and after awhile we argued about her all the time. I knew that he did not want her but I felt disrespected and humiliated at times. I understanding you saying that you trust him but not her. He needs to understand where you are coming from and how it makes you feel. You need to talk to him when you are not upset about the situation and let your feelings be know calmly and rationally to him. If you keep him from going to Vegas he will resent you so just have a talk with him and then you have to let it go and try not to think the worst while he is in Vegas. If you hound him about it, he will only resent you. maybe after you have a ';heart to heart'; with him he will take some type of steps to make you feel more at ease and let her know without a doubt that he is not interested in her at all. Good Luck to you! Hope your situation works out better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment