Saturday, August 21, 2010

Relationship Advice?

My ex Gary and I have known each other 4 years prior to our relationship. we went out for about 3 weeks and then he broke up with me because he was starting college. About a month after he broke up with me he came over to my house and told me he missed me and he wants to be with me but he doesn't want the commitment, so he just wants to be ';friends with benefits.'; That was in october of 2007. I started going out with the guitarist in one of his bands in November of 2007 and we broke up in May. During those 6 months it was a huge mess of arguments and nasty words with my ex Gary, but eventually we both decided to be friends again. Last month he was talking to my friend and told her that he really misses me and needs me back. So he came over to see me and we talked and he still told me he wants to be with me but with no commitment. Since then we've been spending time with each other about once or twice a month, acting like a couple but without a commitment. Almost everyday he says he's going to spend time with me but he winds up making excuses why he can't. He's even told me I am the only person in his life that doesn't screw him over. I really care about him, but the dissapointment hurts more than anything else. How do I fix our relationship?Relationship Advice?
There's obviously a part of you that's looking for a little more in this relationship. The question is how long will you hold out for this guy to be ready for a committed relationship? He's not going to just one day wake up and say i'm ready when right now he can be with you and be with whoever else he wants too. That's great for him, but you're definetely getting the crappy end of the stick. You have to let him know that you won't wait forever for him because it's not fair to you to constantly be disappointed and left hanging all the time. You need to tell him taht you care about him and that you want to be with him but you also need to let him know that the disappointment is hurting you and the relationship can't go on like this forever, it's just not fair to you. He wouldn't have told your friend he wanted you/needed you unless he wanted him/her to tell you (guys can be stupid but with that stuff they are smart). Let him know that it's not just about him and that he needs to take your feelings into consideration too. If he eventually wants to be with you exclusively hold on to it I guess but if he just wants to have you and play with the other girlies too, you need to move on or save this for later and try to just be friends for now. If you keep going like this, your gonna get hurt. I've been in your shoes before, don't put aside your life/feelings/and yourself for a guy if they won't do it for you. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment