Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Relationship Advice, of course!?

The topic is confrontation.





Why is it ... when a guy has a question that matters to him, if the girl doesn't want to answer, she cals it, ';overanalyzing/irritating the situation,'; but when a girl has a question about the guy, the guy MUST answer unless he wants to be celibate with her?





two other examples...


my ex: i really wanted to know WHY she did things. she wouldn't answer. her friends tell me to just forget it, but was I wrong to want to know the truth? or just wet-behind the ears?





now: so i feel this girl has been ... a bit more nice to me than usual. i think. maybe. i want to ask her specific questions about what she said. yes, it'll sound like an interrogation but at least i'll confront her with what's on my mind and what she said /did.





your advice? girls reserve the right to change their mind?





you, the reader, probably have more experience than i do in these matters. your advice i seek!!!Relationship Advice, of course!?
First of all, I get offended when you lump all ';girls'; together. You are speaking, obviously, of one particular person. Not a ';girl';, a person. This person is doing something you don't like. Stop making it about her gender. Stop applying it to all females. We are not all alike.





Second, you are being cryptic. I can't answer when I don't know what the hell you are talking about. What question? What answer? What KIND of truth? It may make all the difference. ';I think';, ';maybe'; she has been more nice to you?





OK, I want to help. I do. But we ALL reserve the right to change our minds. So lets just talk about PEOPLE.





When you speak to her, start with your feelings for her. All PEOPLE need to know that they are cared for, and it will help ease your way into the topic, especially if it is a sensitive one. Then, move into your feelings about the situation. How you are feeling about what is happening. Then ask her what it is that you need to know by telling her what would make you feel better. ';I would feel much better if I knew why you....'; ';If I understood the truth about ....I could....';. And keep it about yourself. It's much less accusing and non threatening that way.





All better now?Relationship Advice, of course!?
Confront. Well that sounds pleasant. Good plan.


Want to know the truth? You have no right to the truth. People are not books that you can open to any page and read. Sounds like subtlety is not in your vocabulary.What possible reaction do you expect from your inquisition? Do you get treated that way by your friends? I doubt it. Sounds like you have to work on your E.Q. and empathy.


Example:


DIS-Integrated personality:


Her: That was a funny joke


Him: Why did you complement me? Do you need money? Do you want to have sex? Answer me!


Integrated Personality:


Her: That was a funny joke


Him: Thanks. Thats nice to hear .


Good Luck. You have a long road to walk.
Same thing happen with me. Does boys reserve the right to change their mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment